Thursday, January 04, 2007

the first day of spring semester 2007

Since, I wrote in my myspace blog before this, I will just simply copy and paste:

The inevitable hasn't happened yet. I still have like twenty mins till I head over to my first class, Women's Lit.
I will be reading classical books. I had a bad dream that I had to read one every week.
I HATE, with a passion, classical books. I just can't read them. They take me forever to read, longer than nonromance books. Months to read. They frustrate me.
I hope hope hope, I don't have to read so many.

I didn't know I was home a lone, until my mom called me from her work.
She has my car keys.
HAH. Thank God I have the spare!!
"Why did you put your keys in my purse keisha."
"Why would I? Good Question. Because I didn't."

I specifically remember leaving them on top of the dryer.
Whatever. At least I have transportation.

One class today, and that is it. Really nice.
Friday is the big day.
Thats THE day where you make sure your boobs look splendid, your hair is all primp, your make-up is on just right, your butt isn't TOO big and you hold your books just perfect.
*breathes* smells like high school, no?

SOOO, im still on page 180. I couldn't take it anymore. I COULDN'T. I tried and tried, but I cannot hold one damn page of ERAGON again. So I have three lovely romance novels sitting there, waiting to be read. I gave a lil peek into one of them. Read a page..then two.
Then two hundred..and lastly, four hundred which completed it. *ahem* It was just a peek.
So, I have come to the conclusion that Eragon will go on a short hiatus till I make myself sane again. I am going on book number two today, yes ma'am. Its a series (yes yes yes)
So, yea book two, looks like FUN!! You have to read book one to understand the drama, but just looking at the back of the book ICKES, this holds supreme tension.
Kinda silly huh. I cannot read more than two pages without making myself bored with Eragon, but with a random novel, two hundred pages fly by without me noticing it.
I noticed because I had to use the bathroom!!
I am a sad sad case and have been deem a weirdo.


here is the book I am reading. Lovely book number two:



It was love at first sight for Lady Viola the night she met the dashing viscount John Hammond. Swept into a whirlwind courtship, it wasn’t until after their vows had been spoken that Viola learned the shattering truth: her beloved John had never loved her, had married her for her fortune…and worse still, saw nothing wrong with that. Heartbroken, she vowed never again to let the deceiving scoundrel into her bed.

John never intended to hurt the headstrong beauty who has become a stranger to him. Now, after years of sham marriage, he is in need of an heir, and John is faced with a luscious, intriguing challenge—seducing his own wife. He must persuade Viola back into their marriage bed, but this time, he may be the one to lose his heart.

From the Author:

When Viola first appeared on the scene, as the sister of the Duke of Tremore in Guilty Pleasures, I didn’t think much about her life, but I knew one thing. Her husband was a complete scoundrel. When Guilty Pleasures came out, everyone else agreed with me. Lord Hammond was bad news, and readers wanted to know just when and how I was going to kill him off so that Viola could find love and happiness. Things didn’t quite work out that way. I didn’t kill Hammond off. Instead, I turned him into a hero.

The Marriage Bed is the story of how one man and one woman have to forgive each other, let go of the past, and learn to make their marriage work. They also fall in love, something neither of them planned on.

LOOKS GOOD HUH!!!! I am so excited, though the books are eBooks. On my laptop. SO, I will most likely head over to the library and grab number two and number three. So I have those books to read when I am bored at school lol, which is like ALL THE TIME.

OOOOOH.
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!


2 people stopped by

Blogger Mailyn said:

Maybe it's because they tend to be long and don't have romance? I know lots of people that like one genre and can't get into any others. Maybe you're just a romance kinda gal. :-)

4:04 PM, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said:

yup. I think I am.

4:15 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home